Workshops and Courses in Sewing and Dressmaking at all levels, Embroidery, Patchwork and Quilting, Needle Felting, Fused Glass, Photography, Painting, Jewellery Making, and much more…
All taught in our workshop space in Nailsea, North Somerset, a short drive from Clevedon, Weston Super Mare, Portishead, Bristol and the Chew Valley
Watercolours and Acrylics for Beginners and Improvers
March 17, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00am on Saturday, repeating until March 24, 2018
This 2 part workshop is designed for beginners or those who would like to “refresh” their skills. You will be introduced to both acrylics and watercolours, and you can experiment with both, or choose to concentrate on just one. Acrylics are water based but can have the appearance and texture of oils.
Materials for the first session of this 2 part course are provided.
The workshops will include:
- Introduction to importance of drawing – perspective, shapes, figures, light and dark and shade, etc.
- Selecting a subject
- Selecting the right materials
- Choosing colours for the palette, mixing colours and applying colours to the preferred surface such as acrylic paper, board, canvas or other surfaces like wood, glass, pebbles and so on.
- Exploring the use of acrylics – wet on wet, wet on dry, dry brush strokes, thinning down, graduation, impasto.
- Completing your first, or improving your painting.
Our resident painting tutor Jeff will teach you techniques and tricks with both the paints and the brushes that never fail to produce stunning results.